L101/L201 Foundation and Advanced Ballistics
Date & Time
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Event ContactGunwerks LLC
Long Range University Overview
Long Range University
Our course curriculum is always evolving! Over the past couple of years, we have developed a new organization of training content, facilitating a more focused and progressive learning experience. Now our courses are organized into two parallel tracks, Ballistic Science and Marksmanship Skills, culminating in our Advanced training courses.
The core Long Range University curriculum is contained in our Ballistic Science track. We place a heavy emphasis on the science of long-range shooting. Generally, you will spend time in the classroom introducing concepts, followed by range demonstration and exercise to solidify complex topics.
The second track is our Marksmanship Skills track where we place a heavy focus on developing shooting skills. Light on the classroom, these courses spend most of the time teaching practical applications on the range.
When you are ready to test your skills, we offer several advanced courses to challenge you and your equipment in calculated conditions to refine your experience and capabilities. From mountain shooting venues to pronghorn hunting in New Mexico to a precision rifle competition, we can offer you the opportunity to achieve the next level.
- Note - Check in mid to late afternoon the day before your event. Dinner will be served.
- Components of the Long Range Rifle System
- Bench shooting fundamentals, Shooter spotter communication, Holding for wind
- Building profile in the Revic Ballistic App
- Range - Zeroing and Bench shooting exercises
- Ballistic app truing exercise, and trajectory validation out to 1000 yards, wrap up approximately 5:00 PM
- Internal ballistics, bore cleaning and Cold bore shot theory
- External ballistics, Intro to BDC turrets, Wind Calculations and Prone shooting fundamentals
- Cold bore shot exercise, prone shooting exercises
- Wind Compensation and use of BDC turrets exercise
- Range - Practical shooting exercise, wrap up approximately 5:00 PM
- Terminal Ballistics
- Range - Long Range Cold bore shot exercise, Wind compensation exercise
- Laser rangefinder functions
- Range - Practical shooting exercise
Watch The Video
"A very enjoyable and exceptionally well-produced shooting experience
As expected, the Gunwerks staff are subject matter experts, but beyond that, they’re helpful and patient coaches who clearly enjoy working with students..."
- Michael S .
"Cibolo Creek’s range offers everything one could want
Plenty of steel targets from 100 to 1000+ yards, and the magnificent terrain offers frequent opportunities to work on wind calls."
- Michael S.
As if that’s not enough...
Cibolo Creek offers wonderful accommodations, outstanding food, and ranch staff who go above and beyond to ensure a top-flight experience."
- Michael S.
"I left having made new friends and looking forward to a return trip."
- Michael S.