Manufacturing Engineering Technician
We are an innovative company constantly developing new products and variations of existing products. Change/challenge is common and frequent here, and we thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Gunwerks made long-range hunting what it is today. We produce our own lines of high-end rifles, ammunition, suppressors, optics, and long-range training classes designed to create a complete system enabling hunters to achieve long-range hunting excellence.
We're passionate about hunting, guns, and precision.
Each job at Gunwerks is unique. As an employee, you'll be working in a highly dynamic environment following our known successful processes to create the perfect parts of our long-range hunting system for our great customers. You'll join a growing team working toward our goal of helping our customers on their journey to the perfect shot.
If this sounds like the place for you, and you'd like to take your shot, click on Apply Now, upload your resume, and send it!
You are responsible for assisting the Manufacturing Engineering team in creating and implementing new manufacturing processes and improving existing processes. This includes but is not limited to, process evaluation and testing, data tracking, fixture fabrication, document creation and organization, and training. The position has an emphasis on CNC programming and machining. This is the time for you to take your skills and work alongside your team to continue in the tradition of providing the best products for our customers.
You are self-motivated and able to follow processes and directions. You thrive on creating products in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment. Your excellent attention to detail allows you to problem-solve and create components used in Gunwerks rifle systems. If you have the knowledge and want to create innovative parts and products, then you are the person we are looking for.
What you will be doing
- Program, setup, and run CNC mills and lathes
- Design and fabricate tools, fixtures, and gages that improve workflow, safety, and quality of the manufacturing processes
- Use CAD/CAM software to evaluate the manufacturability of new and existing products
- Communicate with suppliers and tooling manufacturers to gather pricing and secure parts and materials for manufacturing processes
- Collect and evaluate Statistical Process Control (SPC) data to better monitor process behavior, discover issues in internal systems, and find solutions for production issues
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials, and parts
- Review and calculate labor, material, and other production costs to improve current processes
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness
- Work with the production team to perform testing and evaluations on processes and equipment, and document results
- An analytical thinker who is energized by solving problems
- Independent thinker and worker who can easily adapt to a team approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at time stressful environment
- Proficient with Google Workspace or related software
- Creativity, problem-solving and excellent attention to detail
What We Offer
Competitive Health Benefits
We offer access to health insurance for all full-time team members to keep you feeling great.
Our favorite benefit, every team member gets access to Gunwerks gear at great discounts.
Once per year, eligible team members can take 100% of unused PTO hours and convert them into pay.
This retirement plan is offered to full-time employees once their probationary period has been met.
Paid Vacation & Company Holidays
Full-time employees will receive this benefit when they are eligible.
Monthly Company Gathering, Annual Christmas Party, and Company and Family Events are just some of our fun events.
What's Great About Working For Gunwerks?
At Gunwerks I have a name, not a number. I'm treated as family with the ability to contribute -- not just exist.
Jim Turner, Machining Manager
Gunwerks has provided me with a unique opportunity to expand my knowledge base and pursue personal interests that were previously beyond my reach.
Dan Brunko, Process & Quality Machinist
I love working with a friendly and knowledgeable crew who are great to work with and learn from.
Logan Moore, Engineering Technician
Gunwerks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.