L101 LR Ballistics Foundation
Date & Time
Burlington, WY 82411
Long Range University Overview
Long Range University
Our course curriculum is always evolving! Over the past couple of years, we have developed a new organization of training content, facilitating a more focused and progressive learning experience. Now our courses are organized into two parallel tracks, Ballistic Science and Marksmanship Skills, culminating in our Advanced training courses.
The core Long Range University curriculum is contained in our Ballistic Science track. We place a heavy emphasis on the science of long-range shooting. Generally, you will spend time in the classroom introducing concepts, followed by range demonstration and exercise to solidify complex topics.
The second track is our Marksmanship Skills track where we place a heavy focus on developing shooting skills. Light on the classroom, these courses spend most of the time teaching practical applications on the range.
When you are ready to test your skills, we offer several advanced courses to challenge you and your equipment in calculated conditions to refine your experience and capabilities. From mountain shooting venues to pronghorn hunting in New Mexico to a precision rifle competition, we can offer you the opportunity to achieve the next level.
- Arrival - Please do not arrive at the range facility before 8:30 AM.
- Components of the Long Range Rifle System
- Shooter / spotter communication, Holding for wind
- Range - Zeroing and Bench shooting exercises
- Creating a ballistic profile in the Revic App
- Range - Trajectory validation and truing exercise
- Debrief, Optional Cody facility tour
- Bore cleaning, Cold bore shots, and Rifle maintenance
- Range - Cold bore shot exercise
- External ballistics, Intro to BDC turrets
- Range - BDC turret exercise
- Range - Practical shooting exercise
Watch The Video
"I wanted to thank all of you for making my recent attendance at LRU both educational and memorable.
The amount of information presented was impressive, and the practical application made it relevant and useful."
- Jim S .
"I had my first chance to put both the new skills and my new 7LRM to the test, on a recent pronghorn hunt at 450 yards in New Mexico."
- Jim S.
"Without having the knowledge and skills learned at LRU, there’s no way I would have been successful with those shots.
Special thanks to everyone at Gunwerks who help create the products and teach the skills to make us more effective hunters. Looking forward to putting these to good use, on future hunts!"
- Jim S.