If you have the ability to inspire people through writing about exceptional products and experiences, this job may be for you. Gunwerks seeks a qualified Copywriter to write, edit and source copy for a variety of projects across the organization (including print, web, mobile, video, social media, PR and more). Working closely with Marketing, Sales & Product teams as well as outside resources to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging.
Thorough understanding or an eager ability to quickly learn and internalize language and terminology of the outdoor, hunting and long range shooting space is an absolute must. The ideal candidate will take on and continue to evolve the voice of Gunwerks in all written forms to create consistency of brand voice and align the Gunwerks brand with our target audience.
Gunwerks is a rapidly growing company keeping its small town values while striving to continue its creations of exceptional experiences and innovative equipment in the long range hunting and shooting industry. Come work at a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to move forward and learn alongside accomplished leaders.
- Represent the voice of the Gunwerks' brand in all written forms
- Write and edit compelling copy for various Gunwerks ads, artcles, product descriptions, catalogs, web pages, and press releases
- Generate regular blog content both writing yourself as well as developing and coordinating with various internal and external sources for articles and written content
- Assume an editorial role to produce a quarterly Long Range Magazine publication in print and digital
- Coordinate with product team to produce technical documents for various Gunwerks' products
- Collaborate with team members to produce scripts and outlines for various content, including video and TV
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the long range hunting and shooting industry that is Gunwerks in order to successfully and effectively convey concepts and communicate with Gunwerks' customers
Education and Experience
- Three to five years of relevant writing, editorial or similar experience
- Bachelor degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related major
- Experience in an environment working with marketing, advertising or PR campaigns, print, and social media
- Knowledge and understanding of the outdoor, long range hunting and shooting OR a significant interest and aptitude in learning the lingo quickly
- Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience in conceptual writing in marketing or advertising, Web, product, brand messaging, and promotional copy
- Multi-faceted writing skills in editorial, marketing, and technical writing
- Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a fast-paced team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to own projects, demonstrate good judgment when working with team members and client contacts, and take initiative
- Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail
What's great about the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- Expand your knowledge of various business industries
- Create content that will help our users on a daily basis
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast, evolving company
- Living in the great outdoors of Cody, Wyoming
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work.
You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
Several activities are organized throughout the year, such as monthly gatherings, team building events, and much more.
A full-time position
Attractive salary package
Healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance
PTO: Vacation and Company Holidays
Monthly Lunch Gathering
Annual Christmas Party
Company & Family Events