LRU H1&2 - Warren Ranch
Event Type : Train
- Understanding the LRR System
- Overview of Main Components of the LRRS
- Rifle Scopes - Understanding MOA and Milliradian, Features, 1st and 2nd Focal Plane, Using Wind Holds and Parallax
- Proper Zeroing and setting the Zerostop
- Ammunition - Terminal Performance, Low Wind Deflection, Minimize Vertical and bullet Types
- Rangefinder - Range Accuracy, Maximum Range, Specification and Function, Target Measurement/ Detection, Measurement Modes, Setting Profiles and Bonus Functions/Devices
- Precision Shooting - Bench Techniques, Shooting to Rifles Potential, Parity with Field Shooting, Proper Support, Body Position, Breathing, Trigger Control, Techniques, Free Recoil, The Grip, Anchor Point, Bag Pressure, Two Point Support, Follow Through and Spotting Techniques
- Cleaning and Maintenance - Classroom Discussion and Demonstration, Tools and Supplies, Techniques
- External Ballistics - Spindrift (SD) and Mitigating SD
- Shooting out to 1000 yards Practical exercises
I wanted to thank you for the superb Level 1 and 2 classes I attended. Where this was not a result of “1,000 yards right out of the box”, it was a result of you making me confident in superb equipment and taking a shot at 594 yards with a 40 degree angle starting at a 200 foot elevation, 5 MPH left to right wind and 2 degrees Fahrenheit in 4 feet of snow or all translated to 5.2 MOA as instructed by my G-7 range finder. One-shot, all done.
I was intrigued by but slightly hesitant about the concept of long range hunting and decided to attend the Level 1 Course and familiarize myself with the techniques and equipment Gunwerks has become well known for. First and foremost, the educational material itself is worth every penny. But when we hit the range and I started nailing the 600 yard bulls-eye within a few shots and the 840 yard target became a gimme within less than an hour of putting their techniques and equipment to work I can officially say I was convinced. This course is absolutely necessary for anyone looking to hone their bench shooting techniques and navigate the murky waters of long range optics and firearms. These guys are as legit as they come!