L101/L201 Foundation and Advanced Ballistics
Date & Time
Big Rapids, MI 49307
The main focus of the L101 LR Ballistics Foundation course curriculum is to teach our clients the core knowledge and techniques to select and set up a long-range shooting system. This course focuses particularly on external ballistics and the necessary skills to create and use a trued ballistic profile. This course is designed to apply to any and all shooting equipment, not just the specialized Gunwerks systems that are exclusively used during shooting exercises.
The main focus of the L201 Advanced LR Ballistics course curriculum is to teach our clients the core knowledge and techniques to make the shot in field conditions. This course focuses particularly on range and wind measurements, advanced external ballistics corrections, and the equipment and techniques required. Students will be introduced to terminal ballistics and cartridge/bullet selection theory. This course is designed to apply to any and all shooting equipment, not just the specialized Gunwerks systems that are exclusively used during shooting exercises.
All shooting equipment is provided by Gunwerks. Using Gunwerks rifle systems and ammunition for this course facilitates and accelerates the learning process. This allows the student to focus on the core class content and leave equipment concerns to the instructor. The rifle and equipment fee is automatically included in the registration. Please do not bring your personal rifle for this course, we've got it covered! Check out the L103 Equipment Readiness course if you are wanting to qualify your rifle.
There are no prerequisites to attending this course. Complete beginners to lifelong shooters and everyone in between will build a solid foundation in long-range shooting and ballistics during the two days of this course.
Long Range University Overview
Long Range University
Our course curriculum is always evolving! Over the past couple of years, we have developed a new organization of training content, facilitating a more focused and progressive learning experience. Now our courses are organized into two parallel tracks, Ballistic Science and Marksmanship Skills, culminating in our Advanced training courses.
The core Long Range University curriculum is contained in our Ballistic Science track. We place a heavy emphasis on the science of long-range shooting. Generally, you will spend time in the classroom introducing concepts, followed by range demonstration and exercise to solidify complex topics.
The second track is our Marksmanship Skills track where we place a heavy focus on developing shooting skills. Light on the classroom, these courses spend most of the time teaching practical applications on the range.
When you are ready to test your skills, we offer several advanced courses to challenge you and your equipment in calculated conditions to refine your experience and capabilities. From mountain shooting venues to pronghorn hunting in New Mexico to a precision rifle competition, we can offer you the opportunity to achieve the next level.
- Note - Check in mid to late afternoon the day before your event. Dinner will be served.
- Components of the Long Range Rifle System
- Bench shooting fundamentals, Shooter spotter communication, Holding for wind
- Building profile in the Revic Ballistic App
- Range - Zeroing and Bench shooting exercises
- Ballistic app truing exercise, and trajectory validation out to 1000 yards, wrap up approximately 5:00 PM
- Internal ballistics, bore cleaning and Cold bore shot theory
- External ballistics, Intro to BDC turrets, Wind Calculations and Prone shooting fundamentals
- Cold bore shot exercise, prone shooting exercises
- Wind Compensation and use of BDC turrets exercise
- Range - Practical shooting exercise, wrap up approximately 5:00 PM
- Terminal Ballistics
- Range - Long Range Cold bore shot exercise, Wind compensation exercise
- Laser rangefinder functions
- Range - Practical shooting exercise