Seeking an outstanding Controller with the skills, aptitude, and desire to manage and improve the financial and operating infrastructure of a rapidly growing business in the small arms manufacturing sector. This individual must bring financial best practices with strong GAAP accounting and manufacturing skills along with a genuine entrepreneurial spirit. This is an exceptional opportunity for a financial professional who is hands-on and who wants to "own" and advance the accounting and finance function of a high-performing company. The Controller must be a collaborative and transparent leader who will be an effective partner with the President and support the organization through continued growth.
This position has a $95,000-$115,000 inclusive base compensation package, including health care and retirement match. The final compensation package will be determined by experience and fit of the applicant.
- Deliver accurate and timely financial reports including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and management reports. Accuracy, speed, and reliability are critical.
- Create and manage financial and cash forecasts and ensure that cash balances and company initiatives are adequately planned, managed, and communicated with the management team.
- Ensure that best practices are consistently implemented regarding finance, accounting, billing, and auditing processes and procedures. Records and systems must be maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
- Ensure that financial controls and operating procedures are in place to protect the company and to comply with state, federal and industry regulations.
- Implement processes for establishing, monitoring and reporting on performance against KPIs (operational and financial).
- Identify and execute initiatives to continually improve operational processes and cost efficiency.
- Manage the company's bank relationship, insurance functions and HR functions (payroll via third-party, 401(k) administration and benefits).
- Partner with the President to enhance the analyses and processes for pricing and structuring contracts, as well as analyzing the profitability of specific products, services, and customers.
- Lead annual financial statement audit process.
- Work closely with the outside CPA firm for Audit & Tax.
Knowledge and Skills:
- An exceptional understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in accounting required, CPA and/or public accounting experience a plus.
- Minimum three years previous Controller experience in an established business where financial best practices were previously established or comparable experience at a CPA firm.
- Must have manufacturing experience, including standard costing, overhead calculation, variance analysis, and inventory management.
- Exceptional analytical, spreadsheet, accounting and financial skills.
- Experience implementing and working with inventory management software.
- Must relocate to Cody, WY.
If you meet these requirements, please apply and/or contact Aaron Davidson via email firstname.lastname@example.org