The Helios is the lightest edition of our renowned Shooting System. We envisioned a package that trims every ounce of extra weight, but makes no sacrifice in the accuracy department. However, with the lighter weight and stock configuration, we’ve rated the functional range less than our renowned LR-1000 system. Shootability is as important as accuracy when it comes to tough field conditions. The handling of this rifle is superb, with balance and ergonomics that are suited for every type of shooting positions you may encounter on a rugged backcountry hunt.
The rifle features a stainless steel barrel that is .600 inches in diameter at the muzzle. Fluting is standard. The rifle stock is our mountain hunting configuration, with a swept grip and minimal forend. Finally, the action is our LR-1000 model that features a one-piece bolt, pinned scope bases and side bolt stop. For a minimal charge you can upgrade to a carbon fiber stock treatment and titanium version of our action that reduces the overall package weight to 6.9 lbs. The rifle scope is the new G7 2.5-10X32 model by Nightforce with the G7 reticle. This scope is virtually parallax free out to 500 yards with an optical system that can resolve targets better than most higher magnification scopes on the market.
To really take advantage of our expertise, make sure and add the Long Range Package to your rifle. This is the rifle scope and service that turns your rifle into a complete Gunwerks Shooting System. The preferred rifle scope is the new G7 2.5-10X32 model by Nightforce with the G7 reticle. Like Gunwerks rifles, this scope has set the industry standard for performance, including individual testing and quality control.
As part of the Long Range Package, the Helios has been test fired for accuracy, with the barrel properly broken in to stabilize muzzle velocity. Gunwerks separates itself from other rifle manufacturers by test firing each rifle on our 1000 yard range. A true ballistic profile is developed to match the rifle barrel and ammunition, and that information is used to calibrate a custom Ballistic Turret that indicates the drop correction in yards. Now you simply range the target, and dial the distance on the turret.
Standard Features and Specifications
- Gunwerks LR-1000 precision action, Stainless Steel.
- Surface ground recoil lug, pinned to the action
- Gunwerks mountain hunting stock with aluminum bedding block and molded in color.
- Scope rings and bases are pinned to the action, and secured with 8-40 screws.
- Heat-stress relieved match grade barrel with 5 land/groove configuration, Stainless Steel.
- Barrel fluting standard, eight flutes.
- Match chambers designed for long range secant ogive and standard bullet profiles.
- Calibrated for Gunwerks long range ammunition or a custom load.
- Jewell target grade trigger built to withstand harsh hunting conditions.
- NIC Industries Ti Cerakote metal finish.
- All weather double rifle shipping case, airline approved with wheels for transport.
With the Long Range Package
- Barrel break-in, and "True Ballistic Profile" data collection
- The New G7 2.5-10X32 rifle scope with G7 Ballistic Turret
- Scope rings and bases, and Gunwerks scope coat included.
||7.9 lbs (Stainless Steel Action)
|Rifle Only Weight
||6.6 lbs (Stainless Steel Action)
|Standard Length of Pull
|Standard Trigger Pull Weight
||416R Stainless Steel
||4140 Alloy Steel
|Barrel Muzzle Diameter
|Recoil Lug Thickness
* three shot group with Gunwerks ammunition.