Internally, we call this the Tyler Scoffield model. He uses Gunwerks rifles to shoot tactical and long range shooting competitions in Utah and throughout the western states. In many of the matches, the rate of fire is high, and the shot strings are greater than the standard magazine box capacity. Reloading takes time and many of these competitions are timed. The same configuration that makes a great competition rifle, with multiple shots, quick reloads, and stressful shooting conditions, can make the perfect predator/varmint rifle.
We start with an LR-1000 platform and add a detachable magazine box system that will accept the Accuracy International short action double stack boxes in 5 or 10 round capacity. The G7 5.5-22X50 rifle scope by Nightforce is mounted on a 20 MOA picatinny rail. A tactical sized bolt knob give faster bolt cycle times. The LR-1000 action has a hard chromed bolt that prevents wear and galling for thousands of bolt cycles, even without lubrication.
The heart of any rifle is the barrel. In this configuration, we are using our standard stainless steel barrel, but it is turned to a half inch in diameter and shipped to Proof Research to have it wrapped with their proprietary carbon wrapping process under patent number 6,889,464. We are not chasing weight, in fact a properly fluted barrel is only 2 oz heavier. We are after the fastest effective heat transfer possible, unlike conventional carbon wrapping, with the right resin matrix, this carbon wrap moves heat 22X’s as fast as steel.
To complete this winning combination, make sure and add the Long Range Package to your rifle. This is the rifle scope and service that turns your rifle into a complete Gunwerks Shooting System. The preferred rifle scope is the new G7 5.5-22X50 model by Nightforce with the G7 reticle. Like Gunwerks rifles, this scope has set the industry standard for performance, including individual testing and quality control.
As part of the Long Range Package, the CarbonX will be test fired for accuracy, with the barrel properly broken in to stabilize muzzle velocity. Gunwerks separates itself from other rifle manufacturers by test firing each rifle on our 1000 yard range. A true ballistic profile is developed to match the rifle barrel and ammunition, and that information is used to calibrate a custom Ballistic Turret that indicates the drop correction in yards. Now you simply range the target, and dial the distance on the turret.
Standard Features and Specifications
- Gunwerks LR-1000 precision action, Stainless Steel. Tac bolt knob.
- Surface ground recoil lug, pinned to the action
- Gunwerks long range hunting stock with aluminum bedding block and molded in color.
- 20 MOA picatinny rail pinned to the action, and secured with 8-40 screws.
- Heat-stress relieved match grade barrel with 5 land/groove configuration, Stainless Steel with Carbon Wrap.
- Indexed directional muzzlebreak turned to barrel contour.
- Match chambers designed for long range secant ogive and standard bullet profiles.
- Calibrated for Gunwerks long range ammunition or a custom load.
- Jewell target grade trigger built to withstand harsh hunting conditions.
- NIC Industries Ti Cerakote metal finish.
- Accuracy International double stack detachable magazine box.
- All weather double rifle shipping case, airline approved with wheels for transport.
With Long Range Package:
- Barrel break-in, and "True Ballistic Profile" data collection
- The New G7 5.5-22X50 rifle scope with G7 Ballistic Turret
- Scope rings and bases, and Gunwerks scope coat included.
|Rifle Only Weight
|Standard Length of Pull
|Standard Trigger Pull Weight
||416R Stainless Steel/Carbon Fiber
||416R Stainless Steel
||4140 Alloy Steel
|Barrel Muzzle Diameter
|Recoil Lug Thickness
*three shot group with Gunwerks ammunition.